In material handling, productivity is every crew’s most valuable asset.
Comprehensive Solutions in Material Handling
With UBC Millwrights on the job, safety and productivity are guaranteed through our material handling skills, training, and experience, and the smart business sense and competitive pricing of our contractors. Every installation project is a unique, individual challenge. UBC millwrights and contractors know we must work together to finish the job and get the customer up and running quickly.
Equipped with the Proper Material Handling Skills
UBC millwrights have the material handling training and experience needed for anything from the simplest to the most complex layout.
- Allied Equipment
- ASRS Systems
- Automated Systems & Storage
- Electrical & Mechanical Installation
- Integrated Systems
- Parcel Shipping
- People Movers
- Rack Systems & Storage
- Systems Integration
- Warehouse Management
Managing Your Next Project
For material handling jobs, we establish a communications system with a pre-project conference to outline the scope of work, manpower needs, and scheduling issues — and we maintain that interaction throughout the project. When UBC millwrights perform installations within active facilities, we have the flexibility to work around the clock providing coverage around peak production times and coordinate productive shifts during non-typical work hours to avoid interrupting and delaying operations.
Material Handling Components
Through our extensive training program, UBC millwrights are proven experts in working with these material handling components.
- Chain Rollers
- Electronic Communications
- Guard Rails
- Layout and Planning of Conveyor and Rack Systems
- Loading & Unloading
- Material Handling
- Replacement Site Prep
- Staging & Materials Relocation
- Support Structures
Excellence That's Grounded in Training
UBC millwrights and instructors train on the most advanced equipment and tools in the industry. We focus on conveyors and other material handling systems with a standardized curriculum so that, regardless of location, we can bring the same skillset to every project.
Our unmatched training creates professionals who are proficient in all material handling skills — and who understand the importance of sound health and safety practices.
Our Material Handling Training
- Basic & Advanced Layout and Leveling Instruments
- Basic & Advanced Laser Shaft
- Blueprint Reading
- Bulk Conveyor Systems
- Clean Room Procedures
- Construction Mathematics
- Heavy Industrial Manufacturing
- Lift Truck Operator Rigging
- Machinery Installation, Repair, & Maintenance
- Material Handling Processes
- Mathematics, Layout & Blueprint Reading
- Monorail Conveyor
- Precision Alignment
- Precision Rigging
- Valve Installation & Repair
- Manufacturing Plant Systems
- Bulk Mail
Responsive Maintenance Service
Millwright Local 2309 have the all-around knowledge to skillfully diagnose maintenance challenges. We train intensively to differentiate the needs of individual lines.
We understand the logic needed to determine the problem, fix it, and get systems back up and running.
Our technicians are adept at:
- Electrical Controls
- Mechanical Systems
- Programmable Logic Controllers
Safety Is Our Top Priority and Business Deliverable
Millwright Local 2309 believes a safe worksite is achieved only through comprehensive training for every millwright on every project. Our members complete and master the following health and safety training programs.
- Working at Heights
- Ministry of Labour Workplace health and safety awareness
- Working in a Respectful and Inclusive Workplace
- Confined Space Hazard Awareness
- Lockout and Tag Safety
- Elevating Work Platforms
- Forklift (on slab)
- Forklift (rough terrain)
- HACCP (Hazard analysis critical control points)
- First Aid CPR – A and AED
- Silica awareness
- Working at Heights Refresher
- GHS WHMIS
- GHW WHMIS annual updates
- JHSC Certified Member
- MOL Workplace health and safety awareness
- Supervisor Health & Safety Awareness
- Millwright Health & Safety 16-Hour Course
- Asbestos Awareness
- Basics of Carbon Monoxide Safety
- Confined Space Hazard Awareness
- COVID 19 Awareness
- Hazards of Distracted Driving
- Health and Safety Representatives
- Hearing Protection
- Job Safety Analysis Tips
- Heat Stress in Construction
- Occupational Health & Safety Administration update
- PPE Selection
- Preventing Workplace-related Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Silica Hazard Awareness
- Skin Care in Construction
- Basic Construction Safety, consisting of:
- Introduction to Construction
- Legislation (Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations for Construction Projects)
- Common health and safety hazards
- Manual material handling and back care
- Elements of housekeeping
- Access equipment
- Basic electrical safety
UBC Certified Rigger and Signaler Program Accredited
Our Certified Rigger and Signaler Program is now accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agency. The certification exceeds all requirements for riggers and signalers in Canada and USA.
UBC Millwright Local 2309 Commitment
On Every Work Site, Every Day, UBC millwrights and Contractors Bring:
Constant attention to safety is ingrained in our membership, from our leadership to our apprentices. Safety is designed into every UBC training program and we work with our partners to proactively ensure safety and resolve individual safety issues as they occur.
We come to work every day with a positive attitude, a professional appearance, and a determination to finish the job correctly on time, the first time.
UBC Millwright Local 2309 enables our contractors to be fully staffed at all times, which allows for quick response to emergencies and other challenges.
Meeting the schedule is key, and our disciplined, reliable crews know that fast, accurate installations are essential.
We keep projects on time and on budget using strategies fine-tuned to customer needs to get the job done safety, on time, every time.
We finish projects according to the customer’s satisfaction — and we follow through with training, maintenance and customer service. One call puts the best-trained maintenance crews at the worksite to get the system up and running as fast as possible.
The Bottom Line YOUR GOAL IS OUR GOAL
By using UBC millwrights, you are assured quality, productive work, from pre-planning to maintenance.
Our promise is simple:
- We will work safely, accurately, and dependably.
- We will respond to all requests promptly and will deliver the service that we promised.
- We will communicate early and often and will involve the customer every step of the way.
- We will complete projects according to specified schedules with pride and integrity.
Get in Touch Before Your Next Material Handling Project Starts
Contact UBC Millwright Local 2309 now to get more details on hiring the most dedicated and highly trained skilled labour. A representative will respond to your inquiry directly.